Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jetrocker

RVF Newbee
We're looking at two TT's that are essentially the same weight, but one is 25 ft, the other 30ft. Generally (or specifically!) speaking, given the same weight, would I feel much difference between towing these two rigs on the highway? Also, wondering if maneuverability in general is a big issue, backing into driveways, making turns in a town or city situation etc.

Thanks! Mark ( new here and new to TT towing)

All things being equal (weight, balance, loading, tongue weight, etc.), and with a properly matched tow vehicle, I would not expect much difference in highway towing. You will need to be more aware of some additional tail swing with the longer vehicle in tight situations like in-city driving. The additional length will probably make it slightly more difficult to back into tight spaces until you get some experience with it.

Good luck on whatever you choose.

TJ

In a side wind you will feel the effects of the wind more on the 30' TT than you would on the 25' TT because you have 5 more feet of trailer to catch the wind. Other than that I don't think you'll notice much difference after you get used to the trailer towing game. I would get the floor plan I liked and not worry about 5 feet one way or the other.

EZ beat me to it. More area to get hit with.

Latest resources

Back