RV Year
RV Make
Keystone
RV Model
Hideout
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
I'm having a tough time getting these covers off. I just want to change the color temp with some gel lenses, as suggested by the rv dude on YouTube: He starts the description at about 1 minute in. I've tried twisting, prying with a screwdriver and squeezing. Got one off, but don't know how. Also asked on another forum, but still seeking advise from where I can get it. thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9195.jpeg
    IMG_9195.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9196.jpeg
    IMG_9196.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9197.jpeg
    IMG_9197.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 3
I just replaced the two ceiling florescent fixtures with comparable LED fixtures. The diodes on the new fixtures are embedded into the base and cannot be changed. The cover does come off, but only for installation and removal of the fixture. When they fail, remove and replace with an entire new piece.

No reason to take the covers off, you can't replace LED's. Just replace it/them:

Thanks for the replies. I figured out the covers twist, and once I sorted out how best to do that, they came off easily. I've put the color temp change lenses in and will see if that achieves the result as suggested by that RV Tips YouTube guy.

Thanks for the replies. I figured out the covers twist, and once I sorted out how best to do that, they came off easily. I've put the color temp change lenses in and will see if that achieves the result as suggested by that RV Tips YouTube guy.
Glad you figured the 100° counter clockwise trick.

There is a saying in photography that says you can't get a color that was not captured in the original picture!

That said, you can get a color that is close to a tungsten lamp, but it is just coloring the light! I won't use filters for lights, because the filter reduces the light output. I would rather get warm light fixtures because I would rather not have a bunch of flashlights around the house!

The eyes aren't what they once were!

Latest resources

Back