RV Make
Georgie Boy
RV Model
Cruisemaster
RV Length
38'
TOW/TOAD
tow car on 18' trailer
We plan to replace our RV dinette cushions. (Will either reupholster or order new cushions with a leatherette fabric.)
How do we remove the dinette trim? (circled in red in photo) There are no nails, screws, brackets that we can see. The trim is covered in fabric, once removed it could be reupholstered. But how do we remove it?

RV_booth.JPG

Remove the drawers and poke your head in there with a headlamp on. They may be fastened from the inside.
Otherwise, I’d wager it’s glued in which case you’ll need to slowly and gently pry with a soft but firm tool. A silicone spatula might work if it’s got a metal core.

I just did this on a dinette exactly like that one. Believe it or not, they actually ran a screw threw the fabric (on the top part) and it virtually disappeared under the fabric. I was shocked, but that was how they did it.

The side pieces, that look like a giant "L", were screwed on from the inside. You can access the screws when you take the cushions out.

dsc02218-png.644

Last edited:
I just did this on a dinette exactly like that one. Believe it or not, they actually ran a screw threw the fabric (on the top part) and it virtually disappeared under the fabric. I was shocked, but that was how they did it.

The side pieces, that look like a giant "L", were screwed on from the inside. You can access the screws when you take the cushions out.

dsc02218-png.644
Thank you! Will search through the fabric for screws. Curious, did you replace your cushions, or just recover them? Trying to choose between medium cushion, high density, or memory foam on top of high density.

Latest resources

Back