Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

How to stop the rain streaks on side windows?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

3xPoppa

RVF Regular
Hi,
We just purchased a used 2019 Winnebago Vista Class A motorhome. Has anyone come up with a fix to stop the rain water from streaking down the drivers and passenger's side windows in the cab? The rain gutter stops at about the last couple of inches over the window.

If your gutters are like mine you can get extensions, Camco makes them.

If your roof is metal or fiberglass/painted then it is chalking and that is what is causing your streaks. The streaks just show up better on side glass. I never could stop our expensive Newmar coach from streaking but my much cheaper present toy hauler (non-painted roof) never leaves any streaks.

Hi,
We just purchased a used 2019 Winnebago Vista Class A motorhome. Has anyone come up with a fix to stop the rain water from streaking down the drivers and passenger's side windows in the cab? The rain gutter stops at about the last couple of inches over the window.
If you have a rubber roof, I would get it treated and sealed. That needs to be done every couple years to keep the roof in good shape. It will also keep it from chalking. If you are storing it outside then the dirt and chalking will come back sooner. The key is keeping it clean is the key.

The Camco gutter extensions will work. I installed them on the front of my coach. I cut, trimmed & modified them to add 2", which extends far enough so the water does not drip/run down the the window or side of the coach. Took my time, trimming ever so slightly; so total install was about 1 1/2 hour per side. But so worth it!

This is where @J&JD mod on gutters over the windows come into play.

Latest resources

Back