Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How to tell thermostat to use itself for temp and not thermistor?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This makes sense. My system works just fine, but both my thermistors are on interior walls. Maybe someone should mention this to Newmar.
Neils are on interior walls as well. His issue, which might only impact those with half baths, is that Newmar puts zone 2 (in two zone systems) thermistor on the half bath wall, inside the bedroom. They put zone 1 (in two zone systems) on the half bath wall in the hallway, but these two thermistors are only 3-4' apart, and the zone 1 thermistor is closer to and more effected by the rear air, then it is the front air.

So, what he's trying to overcome is not a thermistor on an exterior wall, but just a really stupid placement that Newmar uses on the 4037 and 4369, at the least. I have the same issue with my zone 2/3 that Neil has with his zone 1/2, they are placed too close together, and too far from the living room area.

So, where in the RV is the best place that the thermistor should have been placed? "someone" should come up with a kit where the thermistor is battery / wireless that periodically wakes up and sends it's current temp to a receiver that plugs into the standard connection that the old thermistor wire plugs in....

My issue with Dometic: who the heck designs a thermostat that doesn't tell you the current temp?
Weird...

Anyway, replacing the stupid factory system is on my to do list. I pulled the Dometic off the panel to start sniffing the data traffic....

I just adjust each zone according to feel. Sometimes zone one is comfortable at 75 on AC, sometimes higher or lower depending on outside temperature. When up front zone two supplements zone one, a few degrees cooler. On heat nothing is ever above 71-72.

Latest resources

Back