Newmar
RV Model
New Aire
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Fulltimer
No
Has anyone installed an Hughes Autoformer in a New Aire. Looking for install tips as electric bay does not have any extra room.
Thank You

My electrical compartment was also tight… so I drilled a hole into the compartment behind it and put the autoformer there…

AA05BC16-D363-46DF-98F9-94676CC9B897.jpeg

Good Idea, I will see if that will work in our MH.
Thank you for the post

I was just looking at my elec compartment last night and thinking about either moving the light to the ceiling of the compartment (where it might do more good anyway) to make room for an autoformer on the wall next to the reel, or using the space above the reel to mount it. Since I arrived after dark, I was also scouting out places to mount an exterior work light in area. No lights on the pedestals at this park.

My AutoFormer arrived last week, and today I hooked it up. Reading the instructions, I see that it's not warrantied for rain (or water) damage. I guess it's not a big deal as I'll be moving it into the basement anyway, but why sell a product that is clearly designed to sit by the pedestal, and not make it waterproof?

...why sell a product that is clearly designed to sit by the pedestal, and not make it waterproof?
So they can sell more of these?

;)

I can vouch for the water theory, I woke up to a submerged AF. Hughes was great in helping me out so it wasn't a total loss. So yeah, internal mount and forget about it if you can. On my last trip I had one stop with high voltage issues and should have bypassed it but they knew they had the problem locally and the power company was working to correct it after a big storm. Always makes you feel good when they can't regulate voltage properly.

I agree with the internal mount. I didn't have room in my electrical compartment, so I drilled a hole and (with the kit that Hughes sells), installed it behind the electrical reel compartment.

IMG_5715.JPG

I agree with the internal mount. I didn't have room in my electrical compartment, so I drilled a hole and (with the kit that Hughes sells), installed it behind the electrical reel compartment.

View attachment 15813
Yep, that's what I'm going to have to do as well. No room otherwise.

Latest resources

Back