• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
JRS

Hughes Autoformers Surge Protector Model number: PWD50-EPO-H (50 amp - hardwired)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

JRS

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4328 - FL Chassis
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
Yes
JRS submitted a new listing:

Hughes Autoformers Surge Protector Model number: PWD50-EPO-H (50 amp - hardwired) - Hughes Autoformers Surge Protector Model number: PWD50-EPO-H (50 amp - hardwired)

Brand new unit, never installed. My 2020 Dutch Star already comes with a energy management system which includes a surge protector. Newmar did not approve of adding this unit during Factory Pickup. It’s currently priced in Amazon at $246.05 and I’m willing to sell it for $125.00. Picture in black and white to reduce file size.

Learn more about this listing...

I have used this Hughes Performance RV22050 Autoformer to prolong the life of my RV appliances. There are so many things that I like about this 30 amp autoformer: It can withstand rapid changes in moisture and heat inside the RV. It can manage up to 10% voltage boost, which is very good for our appliances inside the RV. Specially, it has LED indicator lights for convenient monitoring.

Just so we don’t get apples and oranges mixed up here, the unit offered is a surge suppressor, not a low-voltage boosting “autoformer.” The Hughes surge suppressor is a good unit (and the price on this one is VERY GOOD), but it does not boost voltage.

TJ

I had never heard of their surge protector before this post came up. Comparing the specs, it is very capable and very well priced.

Folks, this discussion should be in the forum below and not in response to a classifieds listing. Thank you.

Hughes autoformers does exactly what it says on the tin. The voltage at an RV park once dropped to 99V and sometimes didn't go above 105V. after I first plugged this in I saw that it had a loose connection within the socket connector and also the voltage was already ramping up. The voltage before plugging within the amp was 103V but went up to 117V and 113V with the AC on. My air con motors are much happier in this manner.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back