Mountain Aire
RV Length
Chassis
FL SL500
Engine
X12
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Auto level stops after <5 seconds with warning light "excess slope" (coach is parked on a dead level pad....)
This has been occurring for 3 weeks across the country...

Manual leveling works fine.
FWS works fine
2020 Mountain Aire 4569
I found where this could be a 'high pressure (3000psi) sensor' issue in manual.
Contacted HWH awaiting return call. This is not stopping us from travel so not stressed :)

I have to think there is a reset somewhere for a software issue in the control logic.
Cycled salesman switch, then removed HWH 725 panel and unplugged for 3 min.
No change.

Any thoughts?
Thanks all!

You might try readjusting the leveling board. It might have somehow gotten knocked out of wack.

Or you might try this:

If you need to reset your HWH leveling system, park in a completely flat area. If your system uses air, release the air from the system and locate the “Auto Leveling” button on the control panel. Hold this button for 10 to 15 seconds or until you notice the system beginning to reset.

Thanks I will try the reset - question - press the AutoLevel button when Jacks are raised I am assuming ?
If that does not work, will then look at the leveling board, however when I checked the leveling board pre-level and post manual level against a bubble level the indicators are all correct (IE out of level or level after manual level)

Thanks I will try the reset - question - press the AutoLevel button when Jacks are raised I am assuming ?
That how I read it. Dump the air & hold down the auto level until reset.

So how did the reset thing work out? I’m curious cuz my auto leveler is doing weird things. Yesterday it did it’s usual lurching and jolting until it was level then it suddenly sent the whole drivers side of the RV up in the air. Picked the front wheel right off the ground. The thing leaned over like crazy. Drivers side probably 8” higher than the passenger side. I had to manually bring it down. Was comical really. LOL

Well, will update as soon as we break camp. We were planning to be in Hilton Head for 4-5 days. Turned into 10 days when we both came down with Covid. There are worse places to have to isolate. We are both good now so we will head out on Tuesday and do the reset test then.

Well sadly no changes While the system did not activate for the 15-20 seconds I held the Auto Level button, when I released it the auto level sequence started and 3-5 seconds later , before any jack had deployed enough to trip the jack down switch it shut down with excess slope warning. Will wait for HWH to call (in the next 2 weeks?)

Have you tried a disconnect of the battery banks. NOT the "salesman switch". By disconnecting a battery cable, waiting, then reconnecting. If you're positive which battery bank powers the leveling system, you might only to do that one, but I would suggest doing BOTH a chassis and house battery disconnect simultaneously.

thanks!! Yes I did the disconnect at the back PDU and at the house batteries.

Latest resources

Back