Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I had my tech do a leak check for my annual service and he was showing me a few leaking components (different thread) and pointed out the dirty air filters for Active Air. He asked why they weren't protected or enclosed. Interesting question and curious if anyone is aware of timed maintenance on these or how to care for them?

IMG_5593.png

Look like exhaust ports. They serve two purposes. First is noise control, the second is to protect the the port from foreign contamination.

No service required as air only escapes.

OK Neal, I’ll add another item to my maintenance list and see if I can fab up a little box that pulls air from the cleanest direction. Maybe louvered. Also maybe a foam sock over the air filters? Be good to get a source from them too.

I’ve had a lot discussions with HWH lately and filter maintenance has never been mentioned. Nor was it ever during the week of installation.

I’ve had a lot discussions with HWH lately and filter maintenance has never been mentioned. Nor was it ever during the week of installation.
First I’ve heard of it to but it makes sense. I’ll take a look at mine.

@Neal ... did you ever confirm if these are 1) filters for air coming in or 2) exhaust ports like @Kevin D Pem suggested?

FLSteve :unsure:

The pic shows a label of “exhaust” right next to one of them.

Exhaust is obviously the case as all incoming air is from the coach pressurized system.

I'm all about exhaust these days :)

Latest resources

Back