Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hydraulic Cylinder repair (leveling jack)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

GoldToyBox

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
Access Premier
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2016 Buick
Fulltimer
No
2014 Winnebago Access Premier, my rear leveling jacks are leaking. The driver side is the worst and will not hold level any more. I have to reset level everyday which isn't such a difficult thing to do (push buttons) but it does leave a mess everyplace I park it.
HMH not very good at replying to emails but did learn they don't have any and only make news as needed with 6 month lead time. Looking at the cylinders then don't appear to be rebuildable? Caps welded?
so my question: anyone else had this problem? Were you able to find someone to build/make a new one? repair the old one? or ?????
We got our Covid shots and want to get on the road.

Last edited:
I would go to a hydraulic cylinder repair shop. They would be able to handle a variety of cylinders and maybe tell you if there rebuildable. And do it for you. What brand of leveling system do you have.

I would go to a hydraulic cylinder repair shop. They would be able to handle a variety of cylinders and maybe tell you if there rebuildable. And do it for you. What brand of leveling system do you have.
Brand is HWH, no shop in this area will do it. "we don't do Jacks" and "we only make units in Minimum order of 100" Looking for someone out of the area, preferably on the west coast.

Last edited:
I had the problem with my 94 winnie. Mine would swing down then extend. They could not be rebuilt.
You can think outside the box and do one of the following options.

Or do as I did and use leveling blocks, and forget using the bad cylinders. Addapting the cylinders can be done by any repair machine shop locally.

Brand is HWH, no shop in this area will do it. "we don't do Jacks" and "we only make units in Minimum order of 100" Looking for someone out of the area, preferably on the west coast.
Here is there website. You might have to replace the entire cylinder. I’d call them first.

I gave up finding someone to repair the cylinder, so I cut the top off myself and ordered new seals and will reweld the top back on. Hope it don't leak!

Thanks to everyone who responded.

One of my jack valves (RAP39015 / RAP0642) has in internal leak and slowly retracts on its own. Looks like HWH replacement MSRP cost $312. Seems a bit high, but I'm not seem many choices with a "retail" price. I do see via the above link that Northwest RV Supply does offer the part for $273.78. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back