Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ice cubes

RVF Newbee
So my name is John and I just purchased a new RV that I will pick up in a few weeks. So my question to everyone is they are trying to sell me a interior and exterior protection application that they say lasts a lifetime but they guarantee it for only five years . So has anyone got this and if so is it worth it or is it just snake oil? They want like a thousand dollars to apply it which seems like a lot to me. They says it’s only takes 15 minutes to do the entire process. Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated.
Thank you.

Welcome aboard.

Well, it’s like anything, you have to weigh in on the cost and whether you think it is truly a value in both monetary means and purpose value. We have the interior application done due to fact it will keep mold out of the duct work. Can’t say we are disappointed yet and we live in the south where humidity rules!

Exterior treatments, interior treatments, extended warranties, etc. I think it is all extra profit for the dealer. I no longer do any of that stuff. I use Formula 303 on rubber and plastic surfaces exposed to the sun.There are fabric protectors you can but yourself. I use chair and couch arm rest , and head rest protectors. Just my 2 cents.

Hi John,
They probably gave you time to think it over, right? You need to consider your "inner-most" camper! A new RV comes with warranties regarding mold/mildew. Also if this is your first RV, more than likely it won't be your last!
If you buy the extra protection now, you may find it was helpful or maybe not. It only makes you more knowledgeable on the next. I agree with AbdRahim! If you get it but never make a claim.... you'll have to ask yourself if the price was worth it!
Tim&Vicky

Latest resources

Back