Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

I am looking for campsites in Florida on the west coast side.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Travelingman

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Wildwood Heritage Glen Elite
RV Length
Fulltimer
Yes
I am new to RV life I am able to work from home, so WiFi is important. Would like to be on the west coast side of the state or central area. Looking to say from Feb to end of March. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Your time frame is in the midst of the Florida snow bird season, and sites are either booked solid, or extremely expensive or both. Sites where we are at in Ft Myers rent for triple the off season rates right now just as a point of reference. The further from the coasts you are, and the more north you are the more likely you will find openings. Cant hurt though to call and check for cancellations. They do happen. Most folks that book the coasts for this time of year did it a year or more ago. With that said, hurricane Ian totally screwed up the RV season here and there may be cancellations available to pick up a deal on, but expect to pay outrageous rates at this time of year. Sorry to be the bearer of not so good news, but I like to go in eyes wide open. Good luck with the search.

Try these near St Petersburg, Ft DeSoto State Park, St Petersburg KOA, and Rogers RV Park. South across the Skyway Bridge, Myakka State Park & Lake Manatee State Park. There may be a 2 week limit.

As has been stated, hang on to your wallet when you check prices.

You can try The Surf which is outside Palmetto. They do monthly rentals and no annuals so may get lucky - is pricey though.

Probably booked where we are since it is mostly annuals that keep their site all year but you can try The Tides as well. Monthly would be the same as The Surf since they are both owned by the same company.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back