Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question I am new the neighborhood with a 2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40TSH - Is there a place for a spare tire on this model?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I don’t believe most class A’s have a spare. When I bought mine I was told I would not likely be able to change it if it did.

I don’t believe most class A’s have a spare. When I bought mine I was told I would not likely be able to change it if it did.
Do you know if there are trucks out on the roads that can change it for you rather than being towed if you do have a spare?

I believe there are.

A quick search yields a large number of Truck Road Service companies that advertise road side tire changes and other repair for Class 8 trucks. Most DP RV have similar tires and engines to Class 8 trucks. It might be best to use a Coach Net for RV specific service and be prepared to wait.
Managing a tire change on a large RV without the proper equipment and experience is unwise in my opinion.

I'm much prefer to have a good road side service contract. But to answer your question, no, not unless you were to make some modifications.

How about UNDER the bed? I used to keep a spare tire for my Itasca Meridian 36G there.
HH

If you have two men and a boy, along with air tools, you may be able to change a tire. Me, I just have a roadside assistance plan I call to fix flats or change tires while I wait and watch. Getting too old to think about wrestling one of those tires.

I pull a full size pickup and put a spare in the bed. My coach uses 295 / 22.5 and they are hard to find. Plus I would rather not get ripped off on the road overpaying for a Chinese tire. I would rather get home with the spare and put a matching Michelin on. If you get a spare try to find a used tire. Wouldn't want a brand new $900 tire sitting getting old.

Latest resources

Back