Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

I am new to this forum. I have a 2005 Safari Cheetah, 350 with Allison trans. I am having problems with starting the bus. I have new batteries. T

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Highrider49

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Cheetah Safari
RV Model
I am new to this forum. I have a 2005 Safari Cheetah, 350 with Allison trans. I am having problems with starting the bus. I have new batteries. The bus, if setting for 3-4 days will not start. Put a battery charger on chassis batteries and it will start right up. What is the problem my fellow RVers. I should not have to put a battery charger on before it starts. Help.

Something is on.

Alternator has a bad diode.

You should not get a spark when connecting a charged battery.

Something is staying on to drain the battery between trips. You'll have to find it or hook a Trickle Charger to the battery. And like Kevin said the alternator could be bad.

Last edited:
Something is staying on to rain the battery between trips. You'll have to find it or hook a Trickle Charger to the battery. And like Kevin said the alternator could be bad.
The amps are full on the batteries. I think that either the batteries do not have enough cold crank amps or starter is dragging. What are your thoughts besides the alternator. Have not been able to check it yet. We cannot find anything on.

My Holiday Rambler has a Carbon Dioxide monitor that stays on all the time. There is also a plug up un the cabinet above the drivers seat where all the TV and VCR stuff would plug into. It stays hot all the time. I'm assuming so your clock would always be right on the VCR. lol. Little stuff like that add up and over time will drain the batteries if you don't have them plugged in to a charger/inverter. But if your amps are full on your batteries but it won't turn the engine over then I'd say you have a bad starter or maybe even a bad key switch..

The amps are full on the batteries. I think that either the batteries do not have enough cold crank amps or starter is dragging. What are your thoughts besides the alternator. Have not been able to check it yet. We cannot find anything on.
What is full to you??

Latest resources

Back