RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
As a baseline, I am IT stupid.

I currently have a subscription to Norton for anti virus and vpn. Had it for years. It’s getting ready to renew, and it’s nearly $200/yr.

I have a laptop that I use about once a quarter, and an iPad I use everyday.

Do I need the Norton subscription? I do want a vpn, but the whole Norton thing seems overkill for my needs.

Proton vpn is a lot cheaper. Also there are several free antivirus programs; avg, avast, etc.

Actually, there are also free vpn add-ons to the Firefox browser, although You tube is beginning to block vpn ip addresses.

As a baseline, I am IT stupid.

I currently have a subscription to Norton for anti virus and vpn. Had it for years. It’s getting ready to renew, and it’s nearly $200/yr.

I have a laptop that I use about once a quarter, and an iPad I use everyday.

Do I need the Norton subscription? I do want a vpn, but the whole Norton thing seems overkill for my needs.
Uninstall and cancel Norton. I used it for many years and it’s become a spam nuisance in Windows. For the first time in years I don’t use it and just use Windows Defender (now called Microsoft Defender) and it’s all we need. Just my $.02 but I’m done with them.

One of the free ones, maybe Avast, or another, just settled a suit for selling all the information for their users. Free is not always a good thing.

MS Defender seems to be pretty good. If you have a subscription to office you can use it on your iPhone, etc as well. I use Macs but still use parallels Windows to scan files in the Mac.

Another Windows Defender advocate. It's running all the time. I also use Malware Bytes (the free version) and run it once a month so I have another view to make sure I have no issues.

40 year IT pro. Get rid of Norton's nuisance wear. Like the others, Windows Defender is all you really need.

I use Express VPN and have for several years. One of the least expensive VPN services out there.

I got rid of Norton years ago. I use Malware Bytes for the last 5 or 6 years. Cost like $45 dollars a year for protection for 4-5 computers.

Question:
I use "VIPRE" and have for years. It does a great job of blocking "stuff", & run scans daily.
Anyone else familiar with it? And if so, what do you think?
Thanks, As I am not that "IT" savvy!:unsure:

Latest resources

Back