• Commercial/Vendors welcome

I love cleaning my 40ft motorhome

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
After just purchasing our new to us motorhome we’re going through the military “white glove” cleanup. Yes Neal what a pain. Now Twila likes hospital clean so it will take a few days to get the inside done.

Ahhhh! Iam not the only one with Howard Hughes Syndrome.😂
Yea, Twila spent 3 hours just cleaning the main bathroom and it did not look bad to start.

Compared to our boat ownership days, our MH is way easier. We would get to the slip on the weekend to find spiderwebs, leaves, bird poop and whatever else was blowing by. Not to mention what floated by in the water. At least the MH has flat sides. Washing a box is way easier than our boat with all the shapes and edges.
Ken
I seem to recall the boat being easier to maintain, but I was younger then and a lot of it was under water (6’ draught). And topsides, clean up was pretty much just hosing off the salt water, oiling teak, polishing brass and chrome…ok, maybe it was a bit of work. But as Kenneth Grahame once said, “…there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats”.

I seem to recall the boat being easier to maintain, but I was younger then and a lot of it was under water (6’ draught). And topsides, clean up was pretty much just hosing off the salt water, oiling teak, polishing brass and chrome…ok, maybe it was a bit of work. But as Kenneth Grahame once said, “…there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats”.
Our last couple years there was a kid who would call and ask if we were heading to the marina for the weekend. His family had a boat slipped there and would ride his skateboard down. He used my supplies and would wash my boat (main spots) for cash. Some mornings I would set in my lawn chair and watch. Nice gig for both of us.

What gets me is cleaning up the MH, ready for the trip. Leave, and then it rains on the road for the next 3 days! Happened my last two trips up the coast.

Finances permitting, there’s always the option of hiring a company to detail the interior and wash/wax the exterior.

We take our RV through Mega Wash in Ashland VA. They do a good job of getting bugs off, under carriage wash and spray on a little wax after the wash. We get the under 30' price for our 29' 9" RV, which is $62.
It's the wife's job to do the interior.

It finally cooled off here long enough for me to wash the roof (in preparation for coating) and sides of the motorhome since coming back from Florida and get it put inside.
It was filthy and I'm wore out.

Latest resources

Back