Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question I want to change from a fifth wheel to a diesel motor home, recommendations?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My point was that New Aire is going to cost much more than $200k. Anything less close to 100k would be an indicator that there is a problem with that unit. They are simply too new, and too high end to justify a lower cost.

Tiffin has been manufacturing coaches for decades. More information would be required, but as a general statement Tiffin, newmar, Entegra, and Travel Supreme (Predecessor to Entegra) are all good quality when originally manufactured, and where built to last.
The dollar amount is not what I can afford it is what I want to afford. I can find 10 to 12 yr old Tiffin's or similar that appear to be in great shape with low miles or 5 to 7 yr old Thor Palazzo or similar with the same engine, trans and chassis as the higher end coach's. I understand the the fit and finish of the coach works is not as good on the Palazzo but I want to stay 33 to a max of 38' long, due to the way I will be using it (dog shows). Finding the higher end in that size and price range is very hard. Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.

Beware of Tiffin. They had a problem for MANY years with peeling 'ultraleather'. It goes to pieces at about 40,000 miles (which can be an indicator of interior use, yes?) Anyhow, I looked at many over the past few years, and the problem is so prevalent that I finally cooled on Tiffins. There was a low-mileage (35K or so) Tiffin 34qfa for sale only 30 min from our home, but when we saw it in person, we could see the ultraleather peeling everywhere on the C-shaped dinette and the sofa. It would cost several thousand to replace all that, which we'd have to do - recovering would cost nearly as much. I just don't want to deal withnit.
We saw this over and over, not only in Tiffins, but also in Winnebagos. Some sellers had done new upholstery- some bought new sofas, some did nothing...
There's a 2017 Forza that's been sitting there for 6 months or more - no one will touch it because it's peeling EVERYWHERE. I looked at it in person, in May, and again in September. (It's near the end of the screenshot).
Anyhow, the 2 units for sale within an hours drive from us. with peeling issues - have sat for months without selling.
You can replace the furniture, sure, but be sure to factor that and your labor into the price.
If you find a Tiffin that size in your price range, it very likely has the peeling, or will have.
I was laser-focused on a certain Tiffin model for near a year of my 3-years research, then I just got tired of seeing the peeling problem.
Yes, I have seen the problem as well. What sis you end up with and why?

We ended up with a 2014 Newmar 35 feet., 25,000 miles, and only a sofa that could possibly peel.... but it's not ultraleather. It has no dinette , but instead it has the computer credenza dining table..must've ordered custom ... so we don't have to worry about that peeling .
There is a Tiffin breeze that is 33 feet but there is very little clothing storage in that unit.

We ended up with a 2014 Newmar 35 feet., 25,000 miles, and only a sofa that could possibly peel.... but it's not ultraleather. It has no dinette , but instead it has the computer credenza dining table..must've ordered custom ... so we don't have to worry about that peeling .
There is a Tiffin breeze that is 33 feet but there is very little clothing storage in that unit.
I am looking for a used motorhome less than 35ft, either a FRED or a Pusher, for around $100,000. I have found Tiffin's 2005 to 2010 in that range but they are bigger than I would like. I did fine a 2014 Thor Palazzo M33.2 Freightliner. I need advice please and help is appreciated. I live in Vegas so east coast
My Bob my husband really favored Newmars - he had heard things about the Amish craftsmanship. Ironically that is what we ended up with , because one came up for sale in Oregon and a lot of things came together that made it feasible for us to fly there, buy it and drive it home. I look back on the whole adventure with amazement that it all worked out so well . The dealership selling the RV was extremely cooperative. The reason it was on the market was tragic but we didn't find that out for a long time. Over my research I've narrowed it down to Winnebago Tiffin or Newmar- I consider all of them to be very fine motor homes and each has different strengths.
I still think tiffin has a slightly more user-friendly design than Newmar , but the peeling issue cancels out any advantage. Tiffins and Newmars are ridiculously overpriced right now. I still can't believe we snagged ours - I had never seen a Newmar less than 15 years old in my budget range.
for $100,000 I don't think you can find anything that is less than 12 years old, But I did see a Tiffin phaeton for $85,000 in that age range I can't remember exactly what year and it was in very good shape and running perfectly The owners lived in our town and they just parked it out in the shopping mall parking lot with the for sale sign on it, sitting by it , and let us look at it. It was very tempting.

I don't know anything about Thors. They have such a bad reputation I wouldn't even look at them.

Beware of Tiffin. They had a problem for MANY years with peeling 'ultraleather'.
Newmar has the same problem. It's not just Tiffen and Winnabego. I think it was industry wide there for a few years. Everyone must have been buying from the same manufacturer. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back