Platinum Cruise Lite
RV Length
28' 11"
Chassis
Trailer
Fulltimer
No
Good Morning,

I am new to towing a longer travel trailer. Travelling with a 29ft trailer on I65 from Fort Wayne to Birmingham. Is it recommended to take the bypass around Louisville and Nashville? If so, which bypass is the best.

Thanks

Just like Atlanta, it depends on the time of day. Most bypasses are just as crowded as the crowds try to avoid the.....crowds. I have had the best travels thru cities by picking my times, avoiding rush hours, and going straight thru.

I went thru Nashville in October, hit it around 1pm on a Thursday, sailed on, never hit the brakes like @TheLooks mentioned, pick non-rush hour times.

I live just south of Nashville and have gone through several times both going around the east side and west side of Nashville. Either way is about the same time, but going on the east side heading south these is a quick transition getting off of I24 to I40 with a right lane entry to the I40 to I65 “left lane exit”. With heavy traffic it could be tough getting to the left lane to get on I65. You might want to go around on the west side.

Good Morning,

I am new to towing a longer travel trailer. Travelling with a 29ft trailer on I65 from Fort Wayne to Birmingham. Is it recommended to take the bypass around Louisville and Nashville? If so, which bypass is the best.

Thanks
Welcome to the group. Slow traffic just gives me (the driver) the opportunity to look around.

Welcome to RVforums from Ely, Iowa

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back