Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rv1993

RVF Regular
Hi people. I'm planning on heading to Ca for summer. I'm trying to rent a month at a time and full. Prices have skyrocketed. Any tips on BLM land, individuals that rent a spot on their land along Ca coast? I don't have a gun so not sure options. PS is it safe in grocery/store lots? Thx much!!

Just dont run over all the street dwellers shopping carts. Oh valubles ! I never go to California without extra ammo unless I'm passing thru on my way to the Baja where I dont feel i need one.

Hi people. I'm planning on heading to Ca for summer. I'm trying to rent a month at a time and full. Prices have skyrocketed. Any tips on BLM land, individuals that rent a spot on their land along Ca coast? I don't have a gun so not sure options. PS is it safe in grocery/store lots? Thx much!!
I'm kinda like @Amigobaja Only I stay out of CA if I can. So much to see so much to do in the rest of the country. When I started talking about Hwy 1 Many people told me to consider the great loop (trip around the great lakes) as an option with great views. So that is what I did. You can do a lot of the trip without going into Canada.

That's all wonderful but I'm disabled and alone, can't go all over country. And why would you need a gun in CA and not Mexico, ridiculous.

Most the County and State Parks have stay limitations (7 to 14 days) along the Central Coast. Inland, there is BLM land (boondocking) that may better meet your expectations. I might suggest you post a wanted AD on craigslist for a private land accommodations. Good luck...and yeah, prices are stupid compared to the rest of the world ?

Try Harvest Hosts. I haven't used it much but I have a friend that travels between Phoenix and Coeur d'Alene Idaho and he uses it for his trips and different routes

That's all wonderful but I'm disabled and alone, can't go all over country. And why would you need a gun in CA and not Mexico, ridiculous.
Mexico??? You know if you get caught in mexico with a gun you go to jail, right? In mexico much like in the US now days you are guilty until proven innocent (not kidding).
In the republic of California, much the same, but at least you are in a country that has advocates to help you, and you get one call.

I loved Mexico and the sea of Cortez. Of all the places I have been I have the most fond memories of my time on s/v the right lane. Today I must say I stay north of the border.

Latest resources

Back