Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mikeodtd&gmail

RVF Newbee
I have a 2008 Winnebago view sprinter 64k miles. Recently, when I try to start it just clicks. After several times and then waiting it finally turns over. Any ideas?

I have a 2008 Winnebago view sprinter 64k miles. Recently, when I try to start it just clicks. After several times and then waiting it finally turns over. Any ideas?
My guess is a starter solenoid.

If you get a reliable click look to comections first. Then to the starter. The bendex may just be gummed up, but unless you know what you're doing just replace the starter.

Is replacing the starter a costly fix? Where is the bendex located and how is it cleaned?
"Costly" is a definitive subjective term. But in my book, it's a cheap fix and one that you will probably never have to do again. Actually, you will probably just replace the whole starter. My guess from previous purchases, maybe a few hundred dollars?

Last edited:
The “bendix” is just a solenoid that engages the starter motor drive. It‘s either that or a “dead spot” in your starter motor. Either way, just replacing the starter is your best choice. I’ve repaired starters many times and ultimately they fail again. R&R is a simple job and would probably cost you around $200 to do yourself, or around $800 for a shop to do it. Its only about an hour of work but that’s just the way it is.

Much of that depends on the manufacturer of the motor, not the motorhome. Prices vary and difficulty accessing it will vary.

One of many explanations of starter solenoid

Latest resources

Back