Canyon Star 3205
RV Length
Chassis
Workhorse w20
Engine
8.1 L Vortec
Fulltimer
No
Although I have purposely put off replacing the faucet in our RV bathroom, my wife found one on sale at Lowes and I knew I was doomed. It was a forgone conclusion I was not going to fit into the vanity area to actually get a view of what I need to do, but I could reach everything. Undoing the PEX connections was a snap. The studs that secured the old faucet were easy so removal was quick (Thank GOD for the person that invented vice-grips). At this point I believed I'd be done in 30 minutes? New faucet in and secured as tight as my old hands would turn. When a try to pull up the supply lines I realize I'm about an inch short. Not wanting to put stress on the PEX and have them hanging I opt to buy an extension (nipple 1/2 inch male 1/2 inch female) I search for this animal all over town and finally locate two at our new Outdoor Supply Hardware (OSH) - nice store by the way! Go home and begin. My first realization is that there is no way to put on Teflon tape with one hand in a tight area you can't see. But I try anyway. My body is not happy, but it took half an hour before I accepted defeat. So I go without it. I tighten the nipples on as hard as I can, hook everything up and...LEAKS. I tighten a little more...LEAKS. I get my son to help tighten some more...LEAKS. Geezzz...I take off the supply lines and nipples and go to the hardware store for point thread compound. Apply generously and redo everything again. Tightening is a process because one can only get about a 10th of a turn on each reset. Finally done and with a sigh of relief...NO LEAKS. I think I'm done (not willing to reload the cabinet yet). Muscles I forgot I had are sore and my back is not happy with me...but I am happy with the new faucet. Ah...the joy of RVing ?

OH!!!! That's how you do it. When I look at the faucet, I add $30 bucks to it. Keeps Saundra from asking many times when it comes to upgrades. But when she is set on the job, I can get hoses, shark-bite connector valves and make an easy job of it.

to make you feel better I spent a couple 3-4 hours replacing my bathroom faucet about a year ago, even with all those new parts I talked about.

Indeed, not a fun job. I too am initiated.

I must have missed the pictures?

You forgot the most important part; the DW is happy with the faucet…right? ;)

TJ

Yes...I did forget...both pictures and that my wife is (very) pleased with her purchase. Hmmm...I'll go take a picture now ?

Attachments

• IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
Happy wife happy life!!

Latest resources

Back