Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Im looking to find a little help with my 2017 Navigator XE 35E and freightliner chassis. Blowing Allison electronic shift selector 2 10 amp fuses?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

BubbaRhD

RVF Regular
I purchased a 2017 Holiday Rambler and after sitting for 3 weeks I started it up, when to put it in gear and it immediately blew 2 fuses. Any clues what to look for? I am really not wanting to tow this to a mechanic.

So I think I found the problem. There is a 4-5 wire connector at the transmission which is for the shifting solenoids. This is located at the lowest point on the transmission and as such subject to a lot of road water. My RV came from California, and I think it had environmental shock in rainy Seattle. The wiring harness had some moisture in it that I believe was causing the fuse to blow. I sprayed out the connection point, added a small amount of dielectric grease and reconnected. Working fine now.

Happy to hear you figured it out!

The problem re-occurred and I am certain moisture in the transmission wire harness was not the cause. I still don't know what is causing the problem but I found a hack solution. I took a rubber mallet and gave the mount, where the transmission solenoids are, a few solid thumps, put in 2 new 10 amp fuses and she has been working fine......so far (PFM). I know that is a bit of a BS solution but figured I post it anyway, because it worked and beats a $2000 tow bill.

Latest resources

Back