Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Do you find yourself with too much storage? Are you struggling with finding things to put in the empty spaces? Okay, didn't think so, so here are some tips I've found to improve storage in my coach.

Basement Storage:
  1. Above the chassis rail is a great place to put things such as I have a pole saw, stick ladder, hammock rail, water blade pole, and things along this line. Just be careful not to block the slide cable guide daisy chain looking thing. In various basements you'll find over the chassis rail storage options
  2. On the left and right side of your battery bay are storage spaces that items that can resist being exposed the elements can be stored such as oil, coolant, jack pads, emergency reflective devices, etc.
  3. Elevated areas are wasted spaces, consider adding shelves
  4. Slide out trays waste a lot of space but the balance is convenience.
  5. Generator bay has a lot of opportunity for storing items but it must be able to withstand freezing temps and you must have it very secured so you don't literally kill someone behind you should something come loose.
House Storage:
  1. Newmar puts "protector" panels in various places. In my case with the dinette there is a board in front of the refrigerator receptacle. Removing that improves storage. The other place is under the sink along the back to protect or hide all of the cables going on back there. If you can be a responsible storage person and understand things can get lost back there then you can remove that panel OR remove it and relocate it further back. My coach does not have slideouts or trash cans under the kitchen sink nor a subwoofer that Newmar once installed back there so it's prime storage space
  2. There are panels at the bottom of your under bed storage. Narrow and long. If you remove the narrow panels you can put items under that panel that you typically won't touch such as your coach spares (pump, filters, wiper blades, extra slide protectors) etc.
  3. If you have a jack knife sofa then you may have prime storage beneath that if you don't have a powered foot rest. Pull off the front panel and you can store all kinds of stuff under there.
  4. Behind your sofa if there is a gap such as there was behind my jack knife sofa and the televator (I removed the jack knife sofa and installed a desk hence the "was")
  5. The side of your washer/dryer as well as the top depending on how it is installed.
  6. Again, shelving for elevated areas. Some people installed shelves at the top of their closets
  7. Reorganize your AV box in the bedroom if you have one. I velcro'd the Dish wally box to the side wall and velcro'd my Apple TV to the dish box and now I have the complete cabinet for use. This is where I store my Dyson and all of the accessories
  8. If you're new and may not have noticed - there are significant storage spaces on the wall side of your bed left and right sides
  9. Remove items from their boxes. Packaging takes up a lot of wasted space. This includes pantry items
  10. Use stackable pots/pans like the Magna products - pure genius!
Feel free to add your space saving findings.

These are all great suggestions...I’m sure I’ll utilize a lot of them when I get my NADP. In my current coach, I almost feel like I need to create a database to remind me where I stored something...being the clever IT guy that you are...how do you keep up with where you squirreled something away?

being the clever IT guy that you are...how do you keep up with where you squirreled something away?

Rumor has it I can lose more things in this small home than anyone! With my secret storage (below under bed panel) being the primary cause of forgetting what I put there to the little cabinets such as behind the front seats and forgetting I put the water softener test strips in there, the list goes on. Realizing you're supposed to keep calm when around people with dementia I do tell myself to keep calm with myself in these increasing situations.

I know exactly what you mean...it’s like having a briefcase with a lot of pockets. Meant to keep you organized, but then you can’t remember what pocket you put stuff in.

That’s how I ended up with few of the same tools. If I can not find it in my shop, I buy a new one. ?

This creates a great promotional opportunity for RVF, Neal; a free app that will create and read bar codes to identify where you put things. A computer guy like you should be able to whip one up in short order. Make the app available to all RVF members. Should work great...if I can remember where I put the app on my phone. Or, where I put my phone. ;)

TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back