• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

NavyLCDR

RVF Regular
Hi!

I'm John from Lebanon Oregon. I just sold my Rockwood (Forest River) Geo Pro G17RK trailer and waiting for delivery of my Gulf Stream Vintage Cruiser (red) 23RSS. Had the Geo Pro for 2 years. Can't wait for delivery of the new TT!

Welcome aboard! Anything particular why you got rid of the previous setup?

Welcome aboard! Anything particular why you got rid of the previous setup?
There were two main reasons. Our previous trailer had the bed sideways with only one edge accessible. So it was hard to make up and also the inside person would have to climb over the outside person to get out in the middle of the night. New trailer has three sides of the bed accessible. The previous trailer also had a U-shaped dinette as the only seating and it got to be uncomfortable after a day. New trailer has both a standard dinette (with the folding leg table instead of single post table) and also has a jack knife couch.

It is all about floor plan isn't it.
Welcome!

Hey John, Just joined and assume you got your VC by now. How are you enjoying it? We went from a 37 ft. Allegro(Class A) to a 34ft. Coachman(Class C) to an Aqua/Cream 19ft. Vintage CruiserCSK(has slide) this spring. We LOVE it. Boy did I have “buyers remorse” until we took delivery and camped out. It‘s open, airy and the “vintage” look is a show stopper everywhere we go. The comments and fun conversations never end and have brought renewed RV excitement for us with every trip. I was wondering if you are finding the same delightful reaction. Hope you are enjoying yours as much as we are enjoying ours.

Hey John, Just joined and assume you got your VC by now. How are you enjoying it? We went from a 37 ft. Allegro(Class A) to a 34ft. Coachman(Class C) to an Aqua/Cream 19ft. Vintage CruiserCSK(has slide) this spring. We LOVE it. Boy did I have “buyers remorse” until we took delivery and camped out. It‘s open, airy and the “vintage” look is a show stopper everywhere we go. The comments and fun conversations never end and have brought renewed RV excitement for us with every trip. I was wondering if you are finding the same delightful reaction. Hope you are enjoying yours as much as we are enjoying ours.
So, actually there was a problem with the dealer we were getting the Vintage Cruiser from. We cancelled the order with them. We ended up with a Venture RV Sonic 231VRL instead of the VC. I agree, the Vintage Cruiser, especially with the woody interior, definitely has a WOW factor to it! Definitely the rustic cabin feel to it. We love our trailer though and think we are happier with it than we would have been with the VC. Our friends who have seen our trailer have commented that it feels more like a little apartment than a travel trailer. So we kind of get the WOW factor too, just for a different reason.

I have a question for you. Does your VC dinette cushions seem to be harder on one half than the other on each cushion? We were looking at a VC at a different dealership and each cushion for the dinette seats had one half that was harder than the other half. We even had the salesman check it out and he said we were right, it wasn't just our imagination. We thought that might be a problem is someone was trying to sleep on the dinette when made into a bed.

Anyway... here's our 231VRL floor plan. We love the nice open space between the rear couch and the entertainment center.

2021-Venture-RV-Sonic-SN231VRL-Travel-Trailer-Floorplan.jpg

Welcome, I hope you will be able to enjoy your new TT soon.

Welcome from Georgia!

Latest resources

Back