Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
For "fun" I followed up with Pelican Lake in Naples, FL as they never got back to me from being on a waiting list for months to get in. Not that I'm planning to go, I was curious of the rates so I emailed them again. Monthly - on the lake is $5k/mo, off the lake is $4k/mo. I was on the lake back in Jan/Feb 2018 I think it was, I could have sworn it was around 3K to 3400/mo on the water. I was only there 1-2 weeks and didn't care so much, it was a bucket list trip to just go there. Seems crazy expensive now but they are full and booked out through April if I recall.

What are you seeing for monthly rates in Florida or other winter destinations this year?

For "fun" I followed up with Pelican Lake in Naples, FL as they never got back to me from being on a waiting list for months to get in. Not that I'm planning to go, I was curious of the rates so I emailed them again. Monthly - on the lake is $5k/mo, off the lake is $4k/mo. I was on the lake back in Jan/Feb 2018 I think it was, I could have sworn it was around 3K to 3400/mo on the water. I was only there 1-2 weeks and didn't care so much, it was a bucket list trip to just go there. Seems crazy expensive now but they are full and booked out through April if I recall.

What are you seeing for monthly rates in Florida or other winter destinations this year?
Trish has been working the phone for the last month, and finding a 30 day stay is VERY hard! Everything is booked to the gills. But she did find a place at Tropical Palms in Orlando, 3 weeks for $2,700. We got it only because someone had to cancel and we were next in line.

We searched the coast around Tampa and got on several waiting lists and so far only one has called back. They wanted a 7,000 non-refundable deposit and 12,000 for three months. We started looking inland and found one in Davenport Florida in KOA (not a resort but recent reviews aren't that bad) for 906.00 per month plus electric. We don't use most of the annuities most resorts offer so KOA saving that much money is fine with us.

$7K nonrefundable deposit. Holy carp!

$350 per month, same as last year.

Latest resources

Back