Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Caterpillar Diesel
TOW/TOAD
None yet
Fulltimer
No
Any advice on purchasing tires for my 2005 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH? I just purchased the coach and the tires are at end of life. I have 295/75R 22.5 Cooper Roadmaster tires on there right now. They are not exactly the size the MH came with originally (275/80R 22.5), but I'm guessing it was price and availability that caused the last owner to go with the ones I now have. I know there are lots of good brands out there and everyone has their favorite, but specifically anything as far as type and size I should beware of in selecting tires.

I went with Toyo's to replace my Michelin's.

We just replaced our Michelins with Sumitomos. Only one short trip (500 miles) so far. They seem smooth and quiet. Ride was a little "mushier" than Michelins. I think I need to up the tire pressure a bit.

Overall diameter these 2 tire sizes are very close to each other. The 295/75 has a slightly wider contact patch (little under an inch extra width) and will typically have a higher weight limit.
Personally I like the idea of more contact patch, as long as the dual wheels don’t risk ever touching each other.

Any advice on purchasing tires for my 2005 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH? I just purchased the coach and the tires are at end of life. I have 295/75R 22.5 Cooper Roadmaster tires on there right now. They are not exactly the size the MH came with originally (275/80R 22.5), but I'm guessing it was price and availability that caused the last owner to go with the ones I now have. I know there are lots of good brands out there and everyone has their favorite, but specifically anything as far as type and size I should beware of in selecting tires.
I went with Cooper to replace my Michelins. I have always been a fan of coopers for ride and wear.

Latest resources

Back