Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

modrob

RVF Regular
The old Winegardroof antenna setup…while replacing the tv in the front ceiling/height cabinet, I found several coax cables and a distribution box. No big deal but seems more cables than necessary and cannot get access to determine where a couple actually go to. (One is feed to back bedroom tv)
For some reason I don’t think I’ve found the actual feed from the roof antenna. However I did see this (pic attached) Winegard box in cabinet to right of the tv. Presently I don’t have any cable plugged into it…anyone know more about this box?

Attachments

• 11A514E3-18A0-45D3-8F40-7E9E498FAFF2.jpeg
    11A514E3-18A0-45D3-8F40-7E9E498FAFF2.jpeg
    794.3 KB · Views: 10
I found a download but I’m still not clear on how it’s used…or do I need it? Antenna looks to me like old-fashioned kind I had years before and worked fine without any power and just a single cable, if I remember correctly…

Attachments

• CCB719D9-58E8-4953-88CF-30FE906A7F05.jpeg
    CCB719D9-58E8-4953-88CF-30FE906A7F05.jpeg
    689.9 KB · Views: 4
Further reading on the download may clear it up for me (too early for foggy brain at the moment)…
Was hoping someone could elaborate with a “real world” application of how they use it…me? I think I just need a simple cable from the antenna itself to the distributor box…

Further reading on the download may clear it up for me (too early for foggy brain at the moment)…
Was hoping someone could elaborate with a “real world” application of how they use it…me? I think I just need a simple cable from the antenna itself to the distributor box…
Of course that would be simple if I could figure out WHICH cable comes directly from the antenna—there are several I found, and a 2-1 splitter as well, and I can’t get access to see where they originate from…so far, trial and error hasn’t helped…

Latest resources

Back