Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Just got a quote of $7000 to setup an 2022 Escape Hybrid for flat towing. That includes air brake kit, battery power to tow, light wiring. Basically a turn key setup. They said the Escape Hybrid is a tough install. This includes parts and labor, But $7k seems a bit high

sounds about right, my grand Cherokee was 6,600.00

Been five years since we had our Hyundai Elantra Sport setup. Was $5,000 all in. Stay and play braking, base plate, wiring for lights, charging circuit, tow bar.

The installer said his wife came out at one point and asked if he was going to be able to put our car back together 😀

Not one of the ones I wanted to do myself.

After five years it doesn’t sound like the price is too far off.

Yikes.. that seems pricey. I'll bet much of that is labor. Etrailer often has good install videos, if you have the inclination I'd review some and see if it's worth doing it yourself.

Did our Jeep JK in a day. Parts cost $2200 and change..

My insurance carrier said it had to be professionally installed by certified blah blah blah to cover any accidents or incidents

My insurance carrier said it had to be professionally installed by certified blah blah blah to cover any accidents or incidents
They would have to prove the cause was faulty installation. I've seen a lot of bad work done by 'professionals' over the years, and heard a lot of BS from insurance agents as well.

I'll put my work up against a professional any day, but I understand how some may not.

I agree with you. I'm a retired millwright here, owned my own business, industrial equipment installation, always check with insurance companies , might surprise you

All of the front bodywork has to come off which is what jacks up the price. If you look at instructions for installing the base plate you’ll see that it’s pretty involved. So a lot of hours. And of course the cost of parts adds up fast. So yeah, $7K is a lot but it’s a big job with a lot of equipment.

2022 Escape:
7C2FEF7E-3FDE-48FB-987F-265F797F29D7.jpeg

This is why I decided not to use my wife’s Edge and just bought a jeep.

Latest resources

Back