Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Kimballwood

RVF Newbee
Just bought a 2019 class c motor home from dealer. They are offering an extended warranty contract thru Easy Care. I see Good Sam offers coverage as well. Anyone have experience with either and or have a suggestion on where to go? Also are there specific insurance companies that deal with and offer motorhome insurance. I’m sure I can bundle with auto dnd homeowners. Wondered what your experience has been

thanks

We probably have more years with Good Sams (National General) than with other carriers for our RV insurance coverage. The main reason or draw for Good Sams was the fact they allowed you to remove collision and some other coverages while your unit was in storage, which can be a real money saver for part time seasonal RV travelers. However, for full timing we found them to be a little on the high side.

As far as extended warranties or "service" plans go there has always been much debate on if they are actually worth the money spent or not. Depending on your unit and the type of coverage I would never pay more than $600 to $800 per year for any plan. Remember the RV dealers are marking these plans up a ton and making a bunch of money on them so you can get them down on the price. Cornerstone has a pretty good reputation for paying claims, refunding unused portions of your warranty, and allowing transfers if selling.

Latest resources

Back