• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Insurance question

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Did you ever have to file a claim? Insurance always seems great until you have to use it.
Thanks
L
No. Never had a claim. Biought MH new.

I too am with Progressive. I moved when I bought my motor home. Now everything I drive is with them. Can't compare with others on price, as that is not why I stick with them. The two claims I have made with them they were there for us. We have accident forgiveness because of the time we have been with them. We are now Emerald status, also a matter of time with no records to look up. What that does for us is when we call for whatever reason we are put at the front of the call que, and that is a big plus to me.

Just a quick update to our decision. We were all set to go with Progressive until they realized that my husband has had ONE speeding ticket, in the last 20 years, of 7 miles over the limit in November of 2018. They want to up our rate by $100.00/year for the next 5 years. Moving on.......

Just a quick update to our decision. We were all set to go with Progressive until they realized that my husband has had ONE speeding ticket, in the last 20 years, of 7 miles over the limit in November of 2018. They want to up our rate by $100.00/year for the next 5 years. Moving on.......
Yikes - 20 years. That is insane.

Speeding tickets typically only show up on your driving record for 3 years. That ticket the poster got may have been his only only one in 20 years but it was most likely issued within the past 3 years. We have our motorhome (2017 260RS Coachman Leprechaun) and a small trailerable boat insured with with Progressive. The price is fair on both policies and I will most likely move my passenger vehicles to Progressive this summer with they come due. I did have a claim last summer that caused damage to the bumper of a parked car. I was impressed with the handling of the claim and the professionalism of the claims adjuster. This years renewal premium was a bit higher, which was expected, but the increase was not outrageous.

Last edited:
Not sure where to post this, so I thought I'd start here. We are in the process of buying a 32 ft Class C Entegra 29V. We currently have State Farm for all our other insurance needs. The quote from them seemed high and I've read that there are better options. Progressive through Good Sams quoted about $300.00 a year less. Just wondering what you guys thought. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks so much
L
We bought a 2021 Entegra Odyssey 29V, a little over a month ago, I went with Foremost, using $88,000 value and $1,000 deductibles for comprehensive and collission coverage's. It runs about $100 a month, it's an annual or 12 month policy. It depends on your driving and claims history with your regular auto insurance, along where your motorhome is garaged. In or outside of a big city or more of a rural area will have cheaper rates.

Whatever you do, don’t use “wholesale” whatever and whomever they are. We wasted a year with them - they actually lied to us during an emergency - said get it done - we’ll cover you - then refused to pay bill. Fortunately it wasn’t a huge bill, but I had checked first. They just lied, We used progressive after that and they were fine.

Latest resources

Back