• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

BethandSteve

RVF Regular
Hi everyone,

We live in Ontario and looking for an insurance company for a new class a motorhome and toad. Does anyone have suggestions of insurance companies that we should look at?….or not consider lol

Thanks and safe travels to all

Look at whether or not they innclude windshields and/or how much they charge for coverage. A Class A windshield can cost over $4000 and it doesnt take much to ruin one. I’m getting a new one in a few months and will probably change to w glass-friendly insurer.

Progressive is quite popular. Don't know if they are in Canada.

well after Sept when I have my new windshield I’ll be in the market so I’ll start calling around. I have progressive on my Polaris Ranger.

I have used this insurance broker for several policies, started with my motorhome.

Thank you all for the information. I don’t believe we have progressive here in Canada, but I will start calling around to a few brokers. I am discovering many companies do not like to insure full timers

Thank you all for the information. I don’t believe we have progressive here in Canada, but I will start calling around to a few brokers. I am discovering many companies do not like to insure full timers
Although we are not from Canada we do full time.

Ended up with Progressive on the new DSDP. The insurance company we use for house and auto no longer insures RVs.
We have been with Amica 40 or so years. Do not want to push them as they are wanting to exit the Florida market, especially houses near the coast, like ours.
They recommended Progressive so we went with it.

We went through this agent.

They handle full time RV insurance.

Not sure if they do Canada though.

In the end we did get Progressive for the coach and car now that we have changed our residency to Florida.

I don't think you'll find any insurers in Canada that will cover full-time living in an RV, but try AVIVA. One of the first questions they'll ask is if you live full-time in your RV. Transmountain pipeline workers in Alberta and BC had a difficult time with RV insurance as they lived and worked along the pipeline during the past 3 years.

Latest resources

Back