Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
It would be great if RV MFG and Cummins would release a model that is 48 state approved, and not certify to california emssions. Those living in California can buy Gas, or pay the increased price for models built specifically for CA emissions, while the rest of the world would enjoy lower prices.

You can look at this another way: it may preserve value for older models longer. There may be more buyers for the resales if the new models are more expensive.

The 10 year rule is what kills resale value. Banks won't finance 10 year old rvs

I have heard but never confirmed that simple bank will look at older RVs depending the make model etc and that may be limited to bus conversions.

I always thought the 10 year rule was the banks rule. add the 5 year loan to the 10 years meets the 15 year limit imposed by RV parks. I could see 15 year old RV loans with a large default rate.

You can get financing on a 9 year old RV, and it will be limited to 6 years. Once it hits 10 years, most banks will not even loan on it. Smaller banks will with a much larger down payment, and good credit.

It always depends on the individual. With a personal guarantee, some people can borrow a lot of money unsecured. That is how financing an older RV would work.

The reason I sell my RV when it reaches 5-6 years of age is that the pool of potential buyers is much larger, allowing for a higher sales price. Most buyers with good credit will be able to purchase the RV in that age with little cash down. The pool of eligbile buyers gradually declines over the next few years.

Latest resources

Back