Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I was reading up on boxed brands of boxed brands of def quality compared to the pump. Prevost continues to recommend box def because of poor quality seen in some buses getting def at the pump. I know we have discussed this pretty extensively in other posts.
This is an interesting read.

Thank you for the article.

So this suggests their 2.5G can cover 750 miles?? Its been a while, I thought 2.5g Super Techs were good for half that distance. Its been a long while since I kept track of the mileage. I thought, as long as they are upto the standards, they all covered similar distances. Anyone uptodate on different brands covering different distances?
The price seems just about twice supertech. if it covers twice distance, may be worth it..

@Rich W aka Dr. Def
Since you use box DEF for your rig, are there any brands that you favor over others? I will follow the Prevost recommendation and go with box DEF for now.

ANY brand of DEF will do the job since they are all required to meet a certain standard. I've used cheapo walmart DEF almost exclusively since 2019 in our 2017 Ram Cummins.
I have used Blue DEF and also the Blue DEF Platinum when the cheap stuff was out of stock and there is no difference other than price.

Same here, I think the DEF thing started with my Fords in 16 or 17, never a problem

Latest resources

Back