Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

1Tulip

RVF Newbee
Hi Everyone! I have a home in Northern NV, but winter in Central Texas (where I train my retrievers for field competitions.) I pull my 23 foot Forest River Wolf Pup to and from TX and live in it when I'm down there. My question involves getting to and from TX on Interstate 10. It's a pretty darned desolate drive after Phoenix/Tuscon. I was wondering if anyone had thoughts about the Rest Areas through West TX and whether they would be OK for over-night stops. I have to extend my slide (even if just a little bit) since I can't access most of the trailer if it's closed. I also will be traveling with at least 2 dogs.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks.

Welcome to RVForums @1Tulip. For safety I always recommend paying the small fee at a safe campground or also consider Harvest Hosts.

Our son is a former Washington State Trooper and our grandson is a police officer in a small Washington town. Both strongly recommend against overnighting in ANY rest area. They have responded too many times to bad things happening in them.

We've traveled I-10 and there are decent RV parks adjacent to it. I'd find one to stay at each night rather than staying in a rest area.

TJ

Spend the night in a RV Park. Do Passport America or Harvest Host if needed.

I was born and raised in El Paso, when we go back I don't even stay in El Paso. It's not worth the risk in my opinion.

Look into Las Cruces, Van Horn, Fort Stockton.

Latest resources

Back