Coachman Pursuit
RV Model
27XPS
RV Length
Chassis
Ford F53
Fulltimer
No
Hello we are in the far NW suburbs of Chicago (McHenry County), just purchased our first RV last month, 2024 Coachman Pursuit 27XPS. The last time I was in a camper was almost 50 years ago when we had a TT (Swiss Colony) and traveled the country with my folks, some stuff coming back to me, but of course a lot different technology. Trying to learn what I can and plan to do some traveling in the winter too, so any tips appreciated.

Hello we are in the far NW suburbs of Chicago (McHenry County), just purchased our first RV last month, 2024 Coachman Pursuit 27XPS. The last time I was in a camper was almost 50 years ago when we had a TT (Swiss Colony) and traveled the country with my folks, some stuff coming back to me, but of course a lot different technology. Trying to learn what I can and plan to do some traveling in the winter too, so any tips appreciated.
Welcome aboard. You have joined one of the friendliest and informative sites on the net. Lots of folks here that are happy to provide an answer or share an opinion or two for any of your enquiries.

So! We have not been to Chicago yet. We aren't big fans of cities (but exceptions are made!). I love food (and my girth is proof) and one place that might be on my bucket list is Jim's Original Sausage Burgers and Pork Chops. Have you ever been there and do you have a comment? Is it worth driving a hundred miles for a taste?

Can you recommend anywhere in Chicago that would be worth checking out?

Safe travels

Darrell

Darrell

Real far west here, winnebago county, 12 miles west of RFD, Welcome aboard, for winter tips, we used to camp in late fall, loved it, just keep the heat on and tank heaters if you have them.

Welcome aboard. You have joined one of the friendliest and informative sites on the net. Lots of folks here that are happy to provide an answer or share an opinion or two for any of your enquiries.

So! We have not been to Chicago yet. We aren't big fans of cities (but exceptions are made!). I love food (and my girth is proof) and one place that might be on my bucket list is Jim's Original Sausage Burgers and Pork Chops. Have you ever been there and do you have a comment? Is it worth driving a hundred miles for a taste?

Can you recommend anywhere in Chicago that would be worth checking out?

Safe travels

Darrell

Darrell

Jims is good, Mannys deli is tops, Lou Malnaties for pizza, Portillas for dogs or Italian Beefs, anywhere really, Chicago has so many good eats, Harry Carrys or Gibsons downtown for steaks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back