Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dmiller

RVF Newbee
Inverter question I have a 2010 Winnebago journey the inverter is out it has a 200 amp with charger do never dry campand the only thing I see that can run on 12 v is the small lights power slides can I get by with a 85 amp inverter with charger lot of diffe in price between the two

Not sure if you are asking if 85amps is enough for the inverter or charger. Chargers are usually rated in amps and inverters are rating in watts.

That being said, a smaller charger will work (depending on how many batteries) but will just take longer.

Its hard to say as you left out some details…

I was wondering about the motor home side I am ok with the charger. It came with a 200 amp inverter just do not see why I would need that much we do not dry camp

Inverters are not usually rated in Amps, but watts. And inverters are only needed if you need 120v when dry camping or keeping a residential fridge running while traveling.

Are you sure about the inverter rating?

Definitely see some discrepencies in specs so it's not really possible to address the questions here. I’ll say with high degree if certainty that it is not a 200 amp inverter, but maybe 200 watt? That doesnt make sense either, so maybe 2000 watt? Probably refering to a converter/charger but the specs still seem off.

In fact, I bought the AIMS 12-volt inverter model to shop for the 48-volt model. I almost said it, but it is so helpful! If I could not run my charge controller more efficiently at 48 volts, I'd use it all the time. Instead, I take advantage of it as a backup and for smaller jobs. it's a complete output of 5000 watts continuous when using the hardwired outlet. And it absolutely was very helpful! it'll run the air con in our fifth wheel, together with all of the opposite appliances, also because of the washer and pump.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back