RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
Haven't used the AC in a month, just furnace and floor heat. Finally a semi warm day so thought I'd fire up the AC. The front unit fan runs constantly when on Cool but works normally on heat pump. Both modes are set to fan auto, so it's not that. I've reset the thermostat to no avail. Any thoughts?

Haven't used the AC in a month, just furnace and floor heat. Finally a semi warm day so thought I'd fire up the AC. The front unit fan runs constantly when on Cool but works normally on heat pump. Both modes are set to fan auto, so it's not that. I've reset the thermostat to no avail. Any thoughts?
If you run the temp up will it turn off? Wondering if a bad thermistor or the t-stat is sensing not at set point?

Just an FYI.
I recently had a strange occurrence of my a/c fan running constantly at the same time I had furn selected, so both were running simultaneously. After depowering and flipping the disconnect, waiting >45 secs didn't resolve, I performed thermostat (CCR2) reset. Still didn't correct. I performed reset perhaps 4-6 additional times and situation resolved and no further issues.

Thanks for the suggestions. For once I listened to the wife. She said "did you try lowering the temp to make it cool and see if it shuts off"... well, it worked. I'm thinking it's a problem that comes and goes in the thermostat. I may replace it with a Micro-Air touch screen. Has anybody used one?

Latest resources

Back