Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TandJ0503

RVF Newbee
So I have a 1991 Fleetwood cimarron 5th wheel with a theftord handflush toilet. Recently it seems unbelievable how quick my toilet gets full and its just me and my 3 yr old daughter. I just had my pump guy come out week ago today to pump out waste. There was a clog but he had me stick the rubbber tube down and move around and uncloged real quick. I dont put toilet paper down it and i know i pee alot but not that much to fill within less then week. Plus no paper down it. I just dont get it. Please any help on what i should do or what yall think is wrong is much appreciated.

My wife and I get by about a week at a time on a 30 gallon tank, paper and all. Has it always done this or is it something new? How big of a tank is it? Could it be your toilet is trickling water into the tank even though no one is using it?

Do you by chance leave your gate valve open?

You may want to use a flow meter and test your sensors. This way you know how much water is going in and you can gain confidence in what you're reading. If the sensor is reading incorrectly it may be showing full when in fact it's not.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007NHS9M4/?tag=rvf01-20

20210228_191824.jpg

So this was how it was when i bought the 5th wheel and i just recently noticed these last 2 pumps how quickly it was filling after being pumped...and before i would put tp in there

And i dont know the size of tank is there somewhere i can look that will tell me..?‍♀️i know nothing about this stuff

Im sorry whats the gate valve?
Assuming you have gray and black tanks in your RV you have to pull a handle to open and drain the tanks. That handle you pull is attached to the gate valve.

And i dont know the size of tank is there somewhere i can look that will tell me..?‍♀️i know nothing about this stuff
If you have access to the tank measure the width, length, and height of the tank. Multiply L X W X H. If you use inches divide the total by 144 to get cubic feet. Then multiply that by 7.48 (number of gallons in a cubic foot) to get the capacity.

So I have a 1991 Fleetwood cimarron 5th wheel with a theftord handflush toilet. Recently it seems unbelievable how quick my toilet gets full and its just me and my 3 yr old daughter. I just had my pump guy come out week ago today to pump out waste. There was a clog but he had me stick the rubbber tube down and move around and uncloged real quick. I dont put toilet paper down it and i know i pee alot but not that much to fill within less then week. Plus no paper down it. I just dont get it. Please any help on what i should do or what yall think is wrong is much appreciated.
Sometimes, when hooked up to an outside sewer, and the gate valve is left open rather than closed, the waste liquid flows out right away, but a poop mountain builds up and reduces the capacity. Leave the vaves closed until tank is full, then empty once a week. This allows the liquid to wash the solids out. There are attachments to help clean it as well; usually a wand sprayer.

Latest resources

Back