RV Year
RV Make
Jayco
RV Model
Eagle 319 MLOK
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Just purchased our 5er and been trying to connect satellite to the connections. I ran the cable direct to the Wally box and all worked ok.
When I hooked up to the cable hook connection, nothing. I did turn off the power to the antenna and checked the wires at both ends and they are connected.
Not sure how to see if the end for the input is in fact the right one on the other end inside the camper or sit they have then switched somewhere hidden.
I guess I'm asking how to do a continuity check on a cable when I can't reach bth ends at the same time. Just trying to insure the signal is getting thru.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Just purchased our 5er and been trying to connect satellite to the connections. I ran the cable direct to the Wally box and all worked ok.
When I hooked up to the cable hook connection, nothing. I did turn off the power to the antenna and checked the wires at both ends and they are connected.
Not sure how to see if the end for the input is in fact the right one on the other end inside the camper or sit they have then switched somewhere hidden.
I guess I'm asking how to do a continuity check on a cable when I can't reach bth ends at the same time. Just trying to insure the signal is getting thru.

Short one end and check continuity on the other

I have a cable continuity checker. One end would go on the input and the other where you think the other end is. Has a signal and battery power to trace the line. It is two pieces so distance is not an issue.

Something like this but I picked up one at either Home Depot or Harbor Freight.

Sperry Instruments TT64202 Cable Test Plus, Coax & UTP/STP Cable Tester - Detects: Shorts / Miss-wires & Reversals, Wiring Reference Chart Included, 2 Pc. Kit, Yellow & Black Amazon.com

Cool! But not sure I want to spend $45 for a one time use. Does Home Depot rent these? Kinda of doubt it.
Thanks for the info anyway.

Merry Christmas!!!!
Love saying that hoping it pisses someone off!!

Latest resources

Back