• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Just how capable is your smart phone

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Almost funny. When I was in college the school computer, which was used by all the students (punch cards), I think had 4MB of memory, and took up a very large room, with big reels of tape.

My first personal computer with a hard drive held 552 MB. I thought no one would ever fill that up. I think resident memory was 2MB.

Today, my audio files fill over sixty-six GB. Unbelievable how things have changed. 😎

Today 256 GB of resident memory in an iPad.

Today, one is hard pressed to find a high quality, enterprise hard drive under 4 TB (Terabytes). ‭1 TB [Binary] = 1,048,576 MB [Binary]‬.

Of course, back then who would have ever thought that a car would be computer controlled? What no carburetor? No accelerator pedal linkage? What has the world come to.

Self driving cars? Bah, humbug. I will not participate!!!🥺🤫😎

Almost funny. When I was in college the school computer, which was used by all the students (punch cards), I think had 4MB of memory, and took up a very large room, with big reels of tape.

My first personal computer with a hard drive held 552 MB. I thought no one would ever fill that up. I think resident memory was 2MB.

Today, my audio files fill over sixty-six GB. Unbelievable how things have changed. 😎

Today 256 GB of resident memory in an iPad.

Today, one is hard pressed to find a high quality, enterprise hard drive under 4 TB (Terabytes). ‭1 TB [Binary] = 1,048,576 MB [Binary]‬.

Of course, back then who would have ever thought that a car would be computer controlled? What no carburetor? No accelerator pedal linkage? What has the world come to.

Self driving cars? Bah, humbug. I will not participate!!!🥺🤫😎
My first PC was an 8086 clone. I had "special ordered" a 40 meg HD. The norm was 10). Every one asked why so big. I expected it to last me a long time as the whole package was very pricy back then. Sadly, it obsolete with in a year. Had the 40 meg installed in a 286 and added a color monitor which again was obsolete with in a year. Our 386 came with 100MB and a 1200 baud modem. The others used the 300 that came with the 8086.
We bypassed the 486 and went directly to a Pentium. Does anyone else remember DOS 5.0?
Now my photo file is just under 50 GB, Music video is just over 20 GB. Has anyone else ever used Napster to DL music?

Clearly, I have dated myself.

Darrell

My first PC was an 8086 clone. I had "special ordered" a 40 meg HD. The norm was 10). Every one asked why so big. I expected it to last me a long time as the whole package was very pricy back then. Sadly, it obsolete with in a year. Had the 40 meg installed in a 286 and added a color monitor which again was obsolete with in a year. Our 386 came with 100MB and a 1200 baud modem. The others used the 300 that came with the 8086.
We bypassed the 486 and went directly to a Pentium. Does anyone else remember DOS 5.0?
Now my photo file is just under 50 GB, Music video is just over 20 GB. Has anyone else ever used Napster to DL music?

Clearly, I have dated myself.

Darrell
Yes you have!

For the record I remember C/PM and S-100 buss computers . My first had less than 16k memory with no permanent memory! 128K floppy disk and a 256K disk (2). Took what? A good 20minutes to type in the boot loader.

All that aside, the iPhone is already obsolete, and the next phone you own Will be at no charge to you. And! Will work everywhere in the world, most don't know that yet!

Looking at the advancement of computing overlay that type of progress on a Nurolink brain chip implant!
The future will be a very wild place😱! Telepathy between brains no issue, Government scan your brain for “unacceptable thoughts “ a very real possibility 🤬!

Need to sleep more and stop future casting 😭

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back