Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

gshowell1

RVF Regular
Hopefully I'm not the only one in this boat, but I recently bought myself a Cruiser Radiance Travel Trailer 26ft. I'm about to polish and wax it this weekend, but I'm trying to figure out the best solution for keeping it out of the sun. I currently have it at a storage place, which is very convenient but it doesn't offer any cover from the sun. We also have land down in Mississippi that I could leave it at rent free. I worry about the elements more out there though or some squirrel going ham on the electrical somewhere.

Are there any good cheap-ish solutions for keeping these things covered? I'd love to have a pole barn built, but that would cost several thousands of dollars. I've looked at some of the cheap-o pop up storage things at bass pro but none of them are really big enough and sort of an eye sore.

Are there any good actual camper covers that hold up? just looking for ideas.

Hopefully I'm not the only one in this boat, but I recently bought myself a Cruiser Radiance Travel Trailer 26ft. I'm about to polish and wax it this weekend, but I'm trying to figure out the best solution for keeping it out of the sun. I currently have it at a storage place, which is very convenient but it doesn't offer any cover from the sun. We also have land down in Mississippi that I could leave it at rent free. I worry about the elements more out there though or some squirrel going ham on the electrical somewhere.

Are there any good cheap-ish solutions for keeping these things covered? I'd love to have a pole barn built, but that would cost several thousands of dollars. I've looked at some of the cheap-o pop up storage things at bass pro but none of them are really big enough and sort of an eye sore.

Are there any good actual camper covers that hold up? just looking for ideas.
I see them on Amazon for around $250, if that is beyond your budget, I see some take a good tarp and cover the top and tie rope to the frame, it doesn't cover the body but maybe keep direct sunlight and rain off the roof

Covers are a controversial topic on this forum.

If you choose to go that route, here are my thoughts.
  • Consider an RV cover to be a temporary purchase. It will rip apart at some point, perhaps even within the first year, but count yourself lucky if you get more than 3 years out of it. So, $400 every couple-three years.
  • Protect all contact points with some kind of soft foam, etc. This is both to protect the RV from chafing and to try to forestall the cover ripping.
  • Keep it tightly bound to limit wind flapping. Otherwise, it may damage your RV's finish and rip itself apart.
  • Air needs to circulate to avoid moisture / condensation getting trapped under it. Moisture will lead to mold. (This is especially true for the tarp suggestion made above.)
  • These last two (tightly bound & air circulation) work against each other to some extent.

Latest resources

Back