Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
This is a little park right on I-80. It sits behind a gas station that has a small kitchen. They have pretty good burgers there. We have used this place over the years just as an overnight stop. The sites are gravel and very close together but the price was under $30 with the Good Sams discount.

The price is now over $34 with the Good Sams discount. At least half the sites are occupied by full time local residents. We were on the bubble about keeping this on our "go to" campground list when we checked in last night. But all that changed shortly.

After setting up I had driven back up to the gas station to grab a couple of those tasty burger for our dinner. On the way back down the single lane gravel entrance road a blue pickup started coming out of the campground toward me. He stopped half way down the road. Being a good neighbor I pulled a couple feet off the road and stopped to allow him plenty of room to pass (I drive a dually). He just sat there for a minute then sped forward up to my window. I rolled my window down and a gentlemen in his early 40's chewed me out for driving on the grass! I was almost speechless. I asked him where he expected me to go. He didn't answer that but repeated that they didn't want anyone driving on their grass. I again asked where I should have went, even suggesting if he expected me to back up the 1/8 of a mile to the gas station to let him exit. He still did not offer any ideas on how two vehicles should pass each other on a single lane gravel road without one, or both, moving off partially into the grass. He then simply rolled up his window and drove off.

I wasn't sure who this fool was. I took our food back to the RV and we ate dinner. After dinner I walked back to the gas station and asked one of the female employees there who the gentlemen was driving the old blue Chevy pickup. She said it was the owner of the park. I told her about the encounter and she apologized for him.

I'm not sure if this young man has always owned Kellogg RV park or not. My guess is that he purchased it a few years ago and that was possibly when he raised the prices. I would think if he is that freaked out about some tires getting on the grass that he would possibly spend a few hundred dollars and put a gravel wide spot in the 1/4 mile narrow entrance road so two vehicles could pass each other.

There is a really good dry camping spot 15 miles away from here we have used in the past which we will absolutely be using in the future.

Latest resources

Back