• Commercial/Vendors welcome

LADP Ride Height/axle weight

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Do you have data that shows corner weights and diffs left/right?
No, but I don't really care about those as there is nothing I could do if it was off. Everyone has a different opinion no how it should be, and what is acceptable. I just bump my pressure up for safety and call it a day.

In general, the L&R are very close, atleast on the LADP and a VT from very many years ago. The LADP LF is about 500# heavier due to the house batts. For a 20k# axle it is not an issue, unless one plans on running a track at speed! I know RB appreciates high performance vehicles, this could make the right hand turns a bit challengine. OTH, one can fully stockup the basement freezer (on RF) with one's preferred beverage to counter balance!

The other thing that comes into play is the active leveling air system that counter balances weight on the turns.

This coach handles very well, better than HWH Active Air. This will help with offset weight issues.

I still have the family move side to side as I drift my turns...because every little bit of advantage helps when trying to be first to the campground.

This coach handles very well, better than HWH Active Air. This will help with offset weight issues.
Unfortunately, the early XCPs (2016-2019 or 20?) are pretty horrible. The initial turn-in exhibits similar characteristics to a gaser in turns. Do not know if you ever had that experince. The roll is so very unsettling. As I understand from other owners FCCC replaced the front shocks for 2019 or 2020 and that supposedly fixed the problem.

my previous units on XC and XCR were pretty solid platforms. This XCP leaves very little to desire.

Maybe y’all already know this, but I didn’t realize how much ride height can affect the weight on each axle. My suspension was low and my ride height was off. Spartan was guessing that either Newmar or the Dealer messed around with the ride height to make the weight look “better.”

When I did my PDI the dealer had trouble weighing my coach as all the numbers were off; however, they would not share the information. They had it weighed again and sent me on my way. Irregardless who made the changes, the impact had a cascading effect on the proper tire pressures on my coach, the listing to one side, the feeling of slamming in a wall when I hit a hole or bump.

Because ride height affects the weight, I was advised to zero out ride height when going on the scales. To do this you go to manual on the air leveling panel and and adjust each side to zero.

And there you go - the latest tip from my Spartan tech.
Do you have the Newmar weights as it left the factory. IF not, Newmar will supply if you ask. I obtained ours upon delivery .Very informative and will give you some insite as to how much your contents added affect your current weight. I was actually amazed that the sided to side difference didn't exceed 150lbs on either of the 3 axles.

Did you get corner weights?
Yup. They are as follows:

9080 lb Front 9440 lb
9680 lb Mid 9520 lb
6610 lb. Rear 6210 lb

What are the axle limits? Would be nice to see actual / limit in each row otherwise the info doesn't mean much to those that don't know.
Sure I can post, but the gist of this post was just how ride height impacts the weight and so to get a "true weight," you should take ride height out of the equation by zeroing it out from the auto level panel when you get weighed.

Front 20,000 lb
Mid. 20,000 lb
Rear. 14,000 lb

With the numbers you’ve given, there should be no concern for flipping a coach due to a blowout. You would certainly want to up the tire pressure on the side that is heavier but other than that, I wouldn’t be that concerned.
Well, that didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. I didn't even think about that - before. 😳

Do you have the Newmar weights as it left the factory. IF not, Newmar will supply if you ask. I obtained ours upon delivery .
Thanks @Ken C. Great idea! I will get them while I'm here at Newmar.😊

Latest resources

Back