RV Make
Sunset
RV Model
Sunray
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Hello!

I'm new here and new to trailer camping. I have a 2023 Sunset Sunray trailer, which I'm loving for the most part. We just noticed, on our third trip, however, that there was water at the corners inside the trailer. It was a weekend of lots of rain (Oregon). I can't tell if it's condensation or a leak. Does anyone have experience with this? It wasn't at every part of the seals, but it was at most corners. The video shows.

Thanks for any of your thoughts.

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 8.27.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 8.25.49 AM.png

I would dry it up. Geta battery operated thermometer that also gives humidity readings. If you are in a humid climate, irit is cold and you cook, showe, etc. You will likely need a dehumidifier.

My rig is 37 ft., and I run two small dehumidifiers 24/7? Still it is difficult to keep the humidity below 50%. I am considering adding a third, though I may need a larger condenser type. The challenge is always space.

Keep a close eye on this. If it is a leak, you want it fixed under warranty, and before any permanent damage occurs.

I would dry it up. Geta battery operated thermometer that also gives humidity readings. If you are in a humid climate, irit is cold and you cook, showe, etc. You will likely need a dehumidifier.

My rig is 37 ft., and I run two small dehumidifiers 24/7? Still it is difficult to keep the humidity below 50%. I am considering adding a third, though I may need a larger condenser type. The challenge is always space.

Keep a close eye on this. If it is a leak, you want it fixed under warranty, and before any permanent damage occurs.
Thank you! Starting to look like a lot of people have dehumidifiers. I do cook in there! Don't shower (yet). I will get a thermometer too so I can see what the humidity looks like.

Looks like condensation. Most likely there is a metal beam behind that conducts the outside cold temps. The warm and moist air inside air inside the coach condenses when it contacts the cold surface.

Water is a trailers number one enemy.

What you should do!

Cook inside? Use stove vent.
Shower inside? Use bathroom vent.

Use dehumidifier, only an option, where the condensation temperature is seldom seen(well documented in weather reporting or charts).

As a side note, I have been working on using a dehumidifier as a Water maker for the marine market where condensation is most always an issue.

Latest resources

Back