RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Forrest river
RV Model
Shockwave
RV Length
36’
I see water in my storage well and my floor in the hall is soft. I have tightened everything I can physically see but it doesn’t stop
Who can I go to for help
This is a 2022 shockwave toy hauler 3 months old

It is still under warranty. Contact the dealer and manufacturer.

Don’t wait water does a lot of damage!

Last edited:
Wow, brand new and leaking? Yeah, I would check with the dealer for some warranty service.

Check the seals outside around the windows, or any other opening such as refrigerator vent, water heater, fresh water fill, etc.

When I find a crack or crevice, I fill it with good quality silicon caulking, using just enough to fill the void. Don't glob it on, it will not work as well and looks terrible. More is not better.

Bob, K4TAX

I see water in my storage well and my floor in the hall is soft. I have tightened everything I can physically see but it doesn’t stop
Who can I go to for help
Have a 2018 Forest River Sanibel that has same issues. Camping World took 3 months to supposedly fix Under warranty. Two years later after only using a couple of times and was in covered storage, we sold house and moved in to it full time. After a few weeks, floor got spongy again. Had experienced rv guy (family, so trust him) look at it while I was in hospital and he found floors rotten underneath underneith
and insulation saturated with water and black mold everywhere !! Of course now outt of warranty and had to buy another 5th wheel while trying to fix the Sanibel. Appears there is a pin hole size leak in the water line somewhere that camping world didn’t bother to find or fix. Don’t wait to make them fix/replace it all and highly
recommend witnessing a long period of time, pressure test on all water systems after repairs are made.

Have a 2018 Forest River Sanibel that has same issues. Camping World took 3 months to supposedly fix Under warranty. Two years later after only using a couple of times and was in covered storage, we sold house and moved in to it full time. After a few weeks, floor got spongy again. Had experienced rv guy (family, so trust him) look at it while I was in hospital and he found floors rotten underneath underneith
and insulation saturated with water and black mold everywhere !! Of course now outt of warranty and had to buy another 5th wheel while trying to fix the Sanibel. Appears there is a pin hole size leak in the water line somewhere that camping world didn’t bother to find or fix. Don’t wait to make them fix/replace it all and highly
recommend witnessing a long period of time, pressure test on all water systems after repairs are made.
As to water system leaks, pressurize the system with the pump. Turn the pump OFF and wait for 24 hrs. Then turn the pump ON. If it has to run to pressurize the system, there is a leak somewhere. The system should maintain pressure and hold pressure unless the check valve in the pump leaks, a faucet drips, a line connection or fitting weeps, etc.

I just added an accumulator tank to our trailer water system. Thus it required two new fittings and a 12" length of water line. I pressurized the system and switched off the pump. The next day I switched on the pump and it did not need to run as the pressure was still on the system. Thus NO LEAKS.

Bob, K4TAX

Who can I go to for help
I just bought a 2022 Forest River Tandara and I had the same problem! The leak ended up being extremely hard to get to and took several techs to find it. The dealer is actually coming to tow it away on the 19th to replace my entire floor, insulation and some of my wiring that was also damaged by the leak. Don't even try to go after forest river unless your prepared to get a lawyer. They only offered me $100.00 which didn't even cover the tech to come out to find the leak. Its been an absolute nightmare. Forest River apparently doesn't care that they are producing shotty RV's now.

Contact B. Clemens on FR forum.

This also happened to my Daughter’s 2018 28’ Forest River TT. Purchased new, they parked it on their property, got involved in other projects, and real estate, didn’t notice the problem, and two and a half years later their insurance company totaled it because of all the rot. And of course they had a lot of other problems with it too. Quite the learning experience for them.

Latest resources

Back