Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
For those of us with slide toppers and even better with slide topper rollers on the bottom side, don't forget to clear leaves prior to retracting slides. Not required but it helps from getting stuff in the rollers. I'm at a CG now with leaves dropping so I have to do this tomorrow prior to departure.

I carry a small cordless leaf blower and clear the roof and slides before leaving. Had leaves stuck to the roof and stained it, took a bit of work to clean off, hence carrying the blower now.

I also carry a cordless blower. Good for lots of misc chores. This trip it will probably get used to blow sand off the dogs before letting them back in the coach.

Hmmm...I kinda thought the purpose of the slide toppers was to keep leaves off the slide thus eliminating the
need to clear the top of leaves prior to retracting. What am I missing ? I also carry a cordless blower and use it every trip (usually to clean the mat prior to packing up) Thanks in advance for the advice (lesson). One thing for sure, one is always learning new things about RVing 😊 Blessings

Scooterfan.....because the slide topper ends are open you can still get leaves blown in along with rain if heavy and blowing sideways. A lot less than without toppers, but its not perfect.

Just curious how all of you blow the leaves off your toppers without getting out a ladder and climbing up with your cordless blowers.

I don't even carry a ladder 😉 I could of course, but that would mean I had work to do and my brain wouldn't understand ! I'll just pray the topper deflects most of the "stuff".

Latest resources

Back