Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rolandj

RVF Regular
Just got new motorhome home and noticed some fluid on drive way its on drivers side in read looks like bottom of motor is wet , Any idea is there a gasket or seal of somesoret that's leaking or the tank . Not sure if anyones had this issue . Thanks

Just got new motorhome home and noticed some fluid on drive way its on drivers side in read looks like bottom of motor is wet , Any idea is there a gasket or seal of somesoret that's leaking or the tank . Not sure if anyones had this issue . Thanks
A picture or two or three would really help here............

Some pics

Attachments

• EAF19316-B9F3-4E3F-B492-56EBAB457A79.jpeg
    EAF19316-B9F3-4E3F-B492-56EBAB457A79.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 5664B686-54C2-4A49-830E-FA799F4CC3F9.jpeg
    5664B686-54C2-4A49-830E-FA799F4CC3F9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • D468F59A-3C5D-4F71-9633-52590A498B33.jpeg
    D468F59A-3C5D-4F71-9633-52590A498B33.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
It looks like it's leaking around the cap where you would fill it up. Did the previous owner leave the cap loose? Maybe the cap's seal is missing? Maybe they over filled the tank and pressure is forcing fluid out the cap? I'd clean it up real good so you can see where the fluid is really coming from. I'd also check the fluid level in the tank to see if it's over filled.

It looks like it's leaking around the cap where you would fill it up. Did the previous owner leave the cap loose? Maybe the cap's seal is missing? Maybe they over filled the tank and pressure is forcing fluid out the cap? I'd clean it up real good so you can see where the fluid is really coming from. I'd also check the fluid level in the tank to see if it's over filled.

Thanks for reply . Im going to clean it off an check. After posting pic i kind of thought that because it you look where it attaches its dry. Any idea where i might be able to get seal for lid if its missing ?

If you get lucky and the gasket or seal is a standard size you may be able to find one at an Auto Parts store. You could also try an RV store but I kinda doubt they'd have it. Maybe Ace hardware? They have a tremendous section of gaskets and seals over in the nut and bolt section.

Latest resources

Back