Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

HeatherB

RVF Newbee
Hi - I am a new RV owner of a 2017 Winnebago Spirit. Apologies in advance for the dumb question but I am not very handy! One of the light switches is not working (the lights work fine, switch does not turn them on or off), so I watched a Utube on how to replace it. I got the switch out but am having a hard time disconnecting it from the wires. Is there a trick that I am missing? I don't want to yank them out and wreck something. Thanks for any guidance!

Sometimes RV's get too much moisture (bad) and will corrode the switch contacts. This has happened to me twice. If you spray the backside of the switch with electrical cleaner or even a small amount of WD-40 and work the switch several thousand times, Well maybe 30 or 40 times? A lot of the time it will start working again. Remember, moisture bad!

Usually a slot were wire go into switch. Insert small screwdriver and wire should pull out.

Thank you -that worked perfectly! However, unfortunately changing the switch did not solve my problem. The lights are basically stuck in the on position and only way to turn them off is to turn off the battery. Any ideas on why this would occur? Thanks!

Sometimes RV's get too much moisture (bad) and will corrode the switch contacts. This has happened to me twice. If you spray the backside of the switch with electrical cleaner or even a small amount of WD-40 and work the switch several thousand times, Well maybe 30 or 40 times? A lot of the time it will start working again. Remember, moisture bad!
Thank you so much for your guidance!

What lights are stuck on? And is there another switch for the same circuit? Like the hallways in a house?

Latest resources

Back