Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm stocking up on gear for other reasons but for those that hike and/or backpack, here are a few suggestions to spend your hard earned money :)

Chairs, tables, cots, etc.

I'm looking at a lightweight pack raft that may be the answer to my long dreaded kayak misery. This popped up in a recent YouTube video so I've been looking into this company for lightweight inflatables of good quality.

You're welcome :)

I'm stocking up on gear for other reasons but for those that hike and/or backpack, here are a few suggestions to spend your hard earned money :)

Chairs, tables, cots, etc.

I'm looking at a lightweight pack raft that may be the answer to my long dreaded kayak misery. This popped up in a recent YouTube video so I've been looking into this company for lightweight inflatables of good quality.

You're welcome :)
I’ll see your Alpacka and raise you an Orukayak.

I’ll see your Alpacka and raise you an Orukayak.
I have an Oru Kayak! I loved the concept. Didn’t like it so much though. It hurt my back to paddle, but I hear they have made some new changes with the seat so maybe it’s pure awesomeness now.

Which one do you have?

Which one do you have?
I have the Oru Kayak Beach Foldable Kayak. I bought it in 2017 and LAWD the crowds it draws when I unfold it. I think the combination of depth and width with poor back support was the problem. They didn't have the Inlet back then. ?
54D97891-6C46-4D3A-A2EF-77CDA7844E28_1_201_a.jpeg

Dang. I want the Bay but I don’t want to pay full freight for it. You might test their customer service and see if they would send you a revised chair wedge, assuming they have revised it and it’s compatible. At their prices, I certainly would at least try.

Dang. I want the Bay but I don’t want to pay full freight for it. You might test their customer service and see if they would send you a revised chair wedge, assuming they have revised it and it’s compatible. At their prices, I certainly would at least try.
I bought mine from REI and paid no shipping. Sadly, they are only selling the inlet now. As far as my kayaks, (I have/had a regular sea kayak as well.)...I gave them both to my Uncle and the kids are enjoying them. I just rent them now or at least until I find a good portable one that is a good fit for me.

What is light weight? Best boat I had was a pokeboat made of Kevlar. under 28 lbs. but not fold able. but easy to handle. I understand inflatable but I want the light weight better.

Last edited:
I went the STAR inflatable route (Inflatable Kayaks). We are a big fan of NRS, and their inflatable kayaks are very good. These are heavier than ORU, but they have the foot pegs and track very well. We have used this to cross windy lakes, and run the Flathead river, upper, lower, and middle forks. They do OK with class 3 rapids. Similar to my fiberglass / plastic kayaks.

What I like about these is being inflatable, they are easy to pack up for travel.

My wife has the SUP Hybrid, and my son has the Fishing Kayak, which still works great for standing in while landing a fish.

For wilder class 3 and 4+, we use a raft with a frame.

Latest resources

Back