Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

NeonWorldWeary

RVF Newbee
Ok so this is likely a stupid question but is it possible to change a trailers floor plan to an extent not moving slide out or ridiculous like that but some walls being removed

Keeping in consideration of weight distribution I don't see why not. I'm no expert though so take that with a grain of salt.

Possible..yes. cheap, doubtful. The end result will look as good as the amount of destruction and reconstruction. These things are built in an order, with a roof going on last. This implies that removal of the roof is the only way to get it looking factory.

I would suggest watching some YouTube videos of how they are assembled. Would be nice if you can find one for your model, but really anything of similar construction will help you understand.

I am starting the process of converting a 45 ft horse trailer into a unit that has living quarters. Using these videos has given me plenty of ideas.

If you ever want to trade the unit you remodel into a dealer the two worse things he wants to hear is yes we smoked in the unit and gee
you should see the great modifications we did.

Anything is possible! Nothing is easy.

Latest resources

Back